Are you a professional Belgian artist/band, interested in showcasing during the fifth edition of the Belgian Jazz Meeting? Keep reading!
The Belgian Jazz Meeting is an international network meeting and showcase festival for the professional jazz sector taking place every two years, with as its primary aim: promoting the Belgian jazz scene abroad. As every time, the Belgian Jazz Meeting offers international professionals a taste of Belgian jazz by inviting them to showcase concerts of some of our finest musicians. Bands & musicians can apply below to be a part of the showcase program.
The next edition will take place in Namen at Cultural Centre Le Delta from 5 to 6 February 2021.
Who should apply for this call?
This call is aimed at Belgian professional jazz groups and musicians with a project original and successful enough to interest the international scene.
Some important conditions, read them carefully before applying:
- The musician(s) must be available on February 5 & 6, 2021.
- The musician(s) must be willing to play a showcase concert (40 minutes) for a lump sum of €150 (per musician).
- The musician(s) want(s) to develop his/her (their) project on the long term.
- The submitted project has released at least one album/EP (or has an album release planned in the near future).
- The submitted project has the required professionalism (e.g. management or other entourage) to tour internationally. It has a strategic long term plan (e.g. which territories, which programmers it wishes to meet …).
The programming of the showcases will be established by a committee of Belgian jazz programmers and journalists with an in-depth knowledge of the national and international scene. Diversity will be an important parameter in the evaluation and selection process of the jury. There are two calls (NL & FR). Eligible projects on both the Flemish and Walloon sides are invited to choose one or the other (non-binding criterion: the native language of the band leader). In the event of a double entry, the organizers reserve the right to transfer a group in the applications from the other community. Each community will do a pre-selection and the programming will be finalized by a national jury.
Please choose the right language/part of the country.
!! Deadline application: Sunday May 24, 2020 (midnight) !!